Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Drill Drill, Cringe



Like most people, I have an irrational fear of the dentist. And like most people, every so often I have to suck it up and just go.

To my utter delight, it seems in the extended period of time that I have been away from my dentist, they came up with sandblasting. I'm not sure if this is a recent technology development, or if it had just never been used on before, but, it made the whole experience much easier.

Instead of drilling out those pesky cavities, they just shoot a stream of cold air at your tooth that has some pebble things in it and then they fill in the hole. No painful needle for freezing and best of all, no horrifying drill noises.

All in all a fun great nice uneventful dental experience. Maybe I won't wait 6 years to go back next time.